Basic Library Techniques: Administration (IN-PERSON CLASS)
Welcome to the new Basic Library Techniques session in Administration. This one-day in person session is required to earn their certificate of completion. Attendees must have completed the online BLT Administration module before attending an in-person session.
- Navigate the organizations, structures, and resources in Massachusetts to gain familiarity with the various library stakeholders.
- Allocate funds, evaluate results, and lead advocacy efforts in order to successfully administer your library’s fiscal health.
- Apply best practices to recruiting, hiring, training, and evaluation in order to ensure legal compliance and promote customer service at your library.
- Assess your building to safeguard the physical space and people of your library.
Please remember that all work from the online modules must be completed before attendance. All online assignments labeled to be discussed and reviewed in class will be reviewed. There will be a lunch break during class, so a non-heated lunch is recommended for the day of the class.
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018
- 10:00am - 4:00pm
- CE Classes