Basic Library Techniques: Reference (SELF-PACED ONLINE CLASS)
Welcome to the new Basic Library Techniques (BLT) session in Reference. This course will be about three weeks of self-paced online modules combined with a one-day in-person session. The online class must be completed before attending an in-person session. Participants must register for and complete/attend both sessions to earn their certificate of completion.
- Define reference work, describe service models, and identify professional standards in order to set expectations for reference services at your library.
- Evaluate reference sources according to established criteria in order to develop a reference collection suited to your community, match specific sources to patron needs, and use those sources effectively.
- Follow reference interview guidelines for communication, search techniques, and following up in order to fully understand and meet patrons’ informational and reading needs.
- Devise information and digital literacy instruction and marketing strategies in order to promote reference services in your community.
After registration, participants will receive a separate email from Kelly Woodside, email@example.com with a login and initial password to the online class. The Administration class will go live on March 27. All work must be completed before attending the in-person session.
If you do not have your login information on March 27th please email Kristi Chadwick firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday, March 27, 2019
- All Day Event
- Self-paced online learning