Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines – Oh My!
Strong policies ensure smooth operation of the library and provide protection for employees, management, and patrons. However not everything you need to implement will be in your policy, which is where procedures and guidelines come in. Each control has a unique role, and understanding those roles will enable libraries to create and implement effective processes. There will be time for group discussion during the session.
After the sessions participants will have the opportunity to register for one of two policy workshop sessions that will be held at the end of 2020. Participants in this optional workshop who are struggling to write or revise policies will have a devoted online space, feedback and time for editing/writing, and resources from the instructor.
- Distinguish between policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Evaluate guidelines for best integration into policy and procedures
- Create effective and essential policies and procedures for your library
- Review and modify current documentation for effective processes for administration and staff
- Wednesday, October 21, 2020
- 1:00pm - 2:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Virtual CE Class