Caring for the Mind: Providing Mental Health Information at Your Library
In this workshop, we’ll discuss best practices for providing mental health information at your library. Join us to learn about the top resources to consult. We’ll also explore health literacy, social determinants of health, bibliotherapy, graphic medicine, and compassion fatigue.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Expand your understanding of mental health.
- Locate authoritative information about mental illness and mental health.
- Describe the role of the librarian in providing health reference services.
- Build relationships with community partners to refer patrons in-crisis.
- Create a plan to rejuvenate yourself from compassion fatigue.
Presented by Michelle Eberle, MLS Consultant
This CE opportunity supports the current MLS Strategic Plan, specifically the themes and goals of co-creator culture, future-readiness, and social justice.
Join us for the afternoon workshop, too! Mindfulness for Librarians. Register separately for both programs. We’ll break for an hour in between the morning and afternoon workshops. Bring a bag lunch or enjoy lunch on your own.
- Friday, November 17, 2017
- 10:00am - 12:00pm
- CLAMS Headquarters, Hyannis
- CE Classes