1 in 5: Disability Essentials in Your Library
According to federal statistics, one in five people in the United States has a disability. How can libraries better understand and support this population, and welcome them among our patrons and staff? Join us for this program, which will include:
- Disabilities 101 – history, types, incidence, language, etc.
- A design thinking activity to help you assess your library community’s specific needs
- An opportunity to experience firsthand what it’s like to navigate the world in a wheelchair, use assistive software to access the internet, and more!
- A panel on how to recruit and support staff with disabilities
- Plenty of resources for follow-up!
Mare Parker O’Toole, Assistant Director of the Earl Center for Learning and Innovation, Wheelock College
- Friday, December 8, 2017
- 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Earl Center for Learning and Innovation, Wheelock College, Boston
- MLS Events
- Special Topics