Building Public Library/Social Work Partnerships: Three Success Stories
Webinar – Register now to attend
Join us for this unique opportunity to learn about three public library/social work partnerships. Anna Fahey-Flynn will discuss the Boston Public Library’s experience partnering with a social worker from the Pine Street Inn. Glenn Ferdman and Cathy Piantigini will share how the Somerville Public Library connected with the Cambridge Health Alliance to hire a Health Services Coordinator. Lisa Downing from the Forbes Library in Northampton will fill you in on her library’s successful partnership with a homeless outreach social worker. If your library is exploring partnering with a social worker or if you just want to learn more about this trend, this webinar is for you!
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Describe community benefits of public library/social work partnerships
- Share three library/social work success stories with your colleagues
- Use the stories to advocate for hiring a social worker for your library or partnering with a social worker from a local organization
- Anna Fahey-Flynn, Central Library Manager, Boston Public Library
- Glenn Ferdman, Director, Somerville Public Library
- Cathy Piantigini, Deputy Director of Libraries, Somerville Public Library
- Afsaneh Moradi, MD, Health Services Coordinator, Somerville Public Library
- Lisa Downing, Director, Forbes Library
We hope you can attend!
Hosted by Michelle Eberle, MLS Consultant
- Thursday, January 18, 2018
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm