Best Picture Books Published in 2022 for Ages 1-6 (PCI Webinar) Online
The Massachusetts Library System is pleased to announce that we have contracted with PCI Webinars to provide our members with access to their live webinars. These webinars are free to MLS members who register through our calendar. Because we are working with an outside vendor, it is important that you cancel your registration in the event that you are unable to attend the live webinar. A recording of the webinar will be available on the PCI Webinars Niche Academy website about a week after the live webinar. If you have any issues registering or signing into the PCI Webinars Niche Academy website, please let us know. Please do not contact PCI Webinars or Niche Academy directly about their live webinars or webinar recordings.
Are you looking for new picture books to share in your classroom, curriculum, or collection? This presentation will feature the “best of the best” from the 2022 publishing crop. A variety of books will be featured, including quality read aloud books, distinguished illustrations, and picture books about diversity and inclusion. Don’t miss this hour-long event.
As a result of this program, participants will:
- Develop a list of new picture books that connect to the preschool and kindergarten audience, both as read aloud performance and one-to-one reading sessions
- Learn how choose diverse books for collections and programming, with a wide variety of themes, tones, subjects, and illustration styles. Acquire simple techniques to analyze picture book art
- Identify books that align with kindergarten readiness skills or Early Learning standards and make connections to other books while discovering new authors and illustrators.
Katie Clausen ~ Biography
Katie Clausen is the Early Literacy Services Manager at Gail Borden Public Library. She completed her MLIS from Dominican University and holds an M.A. in Children’s Literature from Simmons College. She has presented at the Illinois Library Association’s Annual Conferences, ALSC Institute, Opening Minds Early Childhood Conference, and the National Network of Medical Libraries (NNLM). Check out Katie’s articles in the ILA Reporter and Children & Libraries: The Journal of ALSC. Katie's specialties include: early literacy, children’s literature evaluation, play-based learning, and best story time practices.
- Wednesday, April 26, 2023
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event.
- Event URL: