HR Series: Documentation Skills for the Supervisor Online
Having a consistent and well-developed disciplinary process is a key component in improving employee performance, managing performance deficiencies and protecting your organization’s legal liability.
In this interactive, half-day program, participants will learn the importance of consistent disciplinary and documentation processes in mitigating legal risk, the pros and cons of progressive discipline, how the disciplinary process can assist in holding employees accountable and reinforcing good behaviors. They will learn the “who, what, when, and how" of effective performance documentation, including a simple formula to get documentation right.
Through exercises and role play, participant will get to engage with the material and practice these new documentation skills on real-world scenarios.
- Understand the necessity of appropriate documentation in supporting the organization’s policies and protecting the organization from legal claims
- Learn how to develop and execute effective disciplinary processes
- Understand the pros and cons of progressive discipline
- Learn the information to include in all documentation
- Engage in the practical application of learned documentation skills through course exercises and role play
- Understand how documentation can be used to reinforce good behaviors
- Understand how appropriate disciplinary and documentation procedures can assist in protecting the organization from interference and retaliation claims under the Massachusetts Paid Family and Medical Leave law
Intended Audience: This workshop is intended for current managers and supervisors.
Please note, these workshops are intended to be informational only and are for staff currently in management or supervisory roles. If you have specific HR questions, please talk with your organization or municipality’s human resources department.
Sandi Mauro is a seasoned HR professional with over 25 years of experience. Sandi joined EANE in November, 2021, following a corporate career that included serving as Vice President of Human Resources for Cartamundi, North America, the world’s largest manufacturer of playing cards and board games and Director of HR for FuelCell Energy, an alternative energy company in Connecticut.
Sandi holds a Bachelor Degree in Management and has maintained her SPHR/SCP certifications since 2003.
- Thursday, June 8, 2023
- 1:00pm - 4:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Virtual Workshop
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
NOTE: only one attendee per registration, please.