Increase Library Usage Through Strategic Merchandising (LibraryWorks Webinar) Online
The Massachusetts Library System is pleased to announce that we are working with LibraryWorks to provide our members with access to their webinars. These webinars are free to Massachusetts library workers who register through our calendar.
There's a lot of science and psychology in the retail merchandising world that can benefit your library. In fact, it can not only invigorate and improve your everyday displays and signage, it can also increase your usage statistics. Trying it doesn't have to be difficult or expensive. In this webinar, Kathy Dempsey will explain what merchandising is and will reveal strategies to help you do it quickly and effectively. Through pro tips and lots of photographic examples, you will:
- Learn the difference between creating displays and doing merchandising.
- Understand how the magic of merchandising can increase library usage and circulation.
- Realize what turns people off and keeps them from entering your building.
- View photos of great (and not-so-great) merchandising from libraries around the world.
- Realize how merchandising, signage, and displays affect the user experience (UX).
Note: This session is not geared toward ideas about what to display. Instead, it's about the strategies behind good displays, signage, and promotion. It's about upholding your brand and improving customers' usage of, and perspectives of, the library.
Kathy Dempsey wrote the popular how-to book The Accidental Library Marketer and founded her own marketing consultancy, Libraries Are Essential. Her work is dedicated to helping librarians and information professionals promote their value and expertise in order to gain respect and funding. Kathy has been the Editor of Marketing Library Services newsletter for 28 years, and was formerly Editor-in-Chief of Computers in Libraries magazine. She's Founding Chair of the Library Marketing and Communications Conference. This writer, editor, and marketing maven has been giving presentations across the U.S. and Canada for 25+ years, always sprinkling them with humor to make marketing concepts more interesting and accessible.
- Thursday, June 1, 2023
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.