Becoming Information Literate Course (Week 1) Online
Enhance your information literacy practice with our course featuring Dr. Carol Kuhlthau, Rutgers' Distinguished Professor Emerita and renowned expert in the Information Search Process (ISP).
Join a cohort of peer school library staff to delve into the intricacies of information literacy, discovering its vital role in inquiry-based learning and student-driven research.
This course, designed by Dr. Leslie Maniotes, a curriculum specialist and teacher effectiveness coach, offers practical strategies for teaching transferable concepts across various information contexts.
Included in this course:
- 6 learning modules with 5 live interactive sessions on Zoom.
- Approximately 3 hours of engaging video content in concise 3–5-minute lessons.
- A comprehensive 32-page digital workbook to document your ideas and strategies.
- Certificate for 10 hours of Professional Development credits upon completion.
- Required reading is provided; optional companion book available for purchase separately.