Effective Stakeholder Communication Strategies for Special Librarians (LibraryWorks Webinar) Online
The Massachusetts Library System is pleased to announce that we have partnered with LibraryWorks to provide our members with access to their webinars. These webinars are free to Massachusetts library workers who register through our calendar.
Have you ever encountered questions such as, "Why do we still need an expensive information center when employees can find everything online?" If you have, then you understand the importance of having a compelling response ready for decision-makers. This session will equip you with the strategies to persuade stakeholders that librarians' expertise is indispensable for meeting institutional goals.
This session is designed to empower special librarians to articulate their pivotal roles in their organizations, explaining how their expertise can impact corporate outcomes and reduce costs. This will help info pros secure support and funding from their governmental, medical, legal, or corporate organizations.
• Gain a firm grasp of fundamental strategic communication principles
• Understand the importance of creating and delivering audience-targeted messages
• Learn precisely how to compose persuasive Value Statements
Attendees will receive:
• A customizable Communication Plan template
• Formulas for crafting compelling Value Statements
• References to pertinent articles and case studies
Presenter: Kathy Dempsey wrote the how-to book The Accidental Library Marketer and founded her own marketing consultancy, Libraries Are Essential. Her work is dedicated to helping librarians and information professionals promote their value and expertise in order to gain respect and funding. Kathy keynoted for the Legal Information and Resource Network (LiRN) in Ontario, and created a custom workshop for the University of Toronto's Health Science Information Consortium. She keynoted the annual meeting of the Liberty Chapter of the Medical Library Association, and also spoke for the Federal Library and Information Network (FEDLINK), an organization of U.S. federal info centers that falls under the Library of Congress. She's also been accepted to present at SLA conferences.
- Thursday, February 29, 2024
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.