Basic Library Techniques: Collection Development and Maintenance (PART ONE: ONLINE)
Welcome to the new Basic Library Techniques session in Collection Development and Maintenance. This course will be four weeks of self-paced online modules combined with a one-day in-person session. The online class must be completed before attending an in-person session. Participants must register for and complete/attend both sessions to earn their certificate of completion. Registration for the in-person sessions will open on May 29th and will only be open to people who have registered for this online session.
- Make use of the collection management cycle, including resources appropriate for each step, in order to create a quality library collection.
- Apply best practices to evaluate and develop a library collection development policy in order to articulate a shared understanding of how your collection will meet user needs.
- Demonstrate appropriate responses to common challenges to library materials in order to ensure intellectual freedom for your patrons.
- Recognize, describe, and apply new trends in collection development in order to meet the changing needs of your community.
After registration, participants will receive a separate email with a login to the online class. All work must be completed before attending the in-person session.
- Tuesday, June 26, 2018
- All Day Event
- Self-paced online learning