MetroWest Readers' Advisory Round Table
MetroWest Readers' Advisory Round Table reads Nonfiction: Current Issues!
Benchmark: The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
Please pick a second title to discuss, in any nonfiction subgenre. There are suggestions on our website.
Be prepared to discuss appeal factors for those titles and the subgenre as a whole. Appeal factors to watch out for:
- Character (flawed, quirky, unreliable, ensemble cast, etc)
- Storyline/Plot (action-driven, character-driven, etc)
- Pace (fast-paced, leisurely, uneven, etc)
- Tone/Mood (bleak, funny, gritty, heartwarming, etc)
- Style/Language (descriptive, lyrical, blunt, etc)
- Frame/Setting (urban, rural, time frame, world-building, etc)
If you have any questions, please visit our website or contact Pam Aghababian (email@example.com) or Christine Muir (firstname.lastname@example.org). And please join our Google Group to stay up to date with discussions, meeting schedules, and news!
- Monday, June 10, 2019
- 9:30am - 12:00pm
- Cary Memorial Library, Lexington