Print the page Add to a Calendar using iCal Share page on Facebook Add to Google Calendar Share page on Twitter
What is Media Mentorship?: Screens, Libraries, and Kids
Incorporating the latest research, we will define media mentorship and provide tools and strategies for supporting families with young children. Topics will include early literacy & language development, family engagement, and the digital divide. We will cover the three types of media mentorship: media advisory and evaluation, programming, and supported access to curated content.
* Understand the role of a media mentor;
* Create a Media Mentor Mission Statement;
* Evaluate and select new media for use with young children;
* Recognize strategies for empowering parents as media mentors.
* Read Media Mentorship in Libraries Serving Youth available here.
* Bring an internet connected device such as a smartphone, tablet, laptop.
There will be a one hour break for lunch. Please feel free to bring a bag lunch.
Hamilton-Wenham Public Library
14 Union Street
South Hamilton, MA 01982
- Wednesday, October 2, 2019
- 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Hamilton-Wenham Public Library
- CE Classes
Registration has closed.