“Imagine Your Story” with Canva: Using Visuals to Enhance and Promote Your Summer Library Program
Would you like to increase engagement with your Summer Library Program? Did you know that Facebook posts with images see more than double the activity than those without? Using Canva, a free and easy-to-use online design tool, we’ll collaboratively create materials you can use for your summer program and beyond. In this workshop we’ll learn how to create visually engaging posts for a variety of social media. Need something more analog? The print options are almost endless and only limited by your imagination. With Canva you can make scratch tickets, game boards, coupons, doorhangers, and much more!
We’ll also have time to share marketing and promotion ideas with each other and explore resources from the MBLC that will help you imagine your library’s story, including ready-made social media posts and new Bruins materials.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify and access the CSLP Rules of Use, approved fonts, artwork, and other summer related images;
- Design materials to help you engage with your community;
- Implement ideas from instructors and fellow participants to help market your program.
This is not an introductory class, but we will quickly cover the basics. Please observe the following prerequisites for your best learning experience:
- Create a Canva account if you don’t already have one.
- Bring your own device, make sure you are able to log in to your device and access Canva.
- If you use a tablet, download the Canva app.Don’t forget to pack your power cords!
- Check out Canva tutorials found here https://designschool.canva.com/tutorials/getting-started/
- And/Or watch this recorded webinar https://vimeo.com/330091998
Note: there will be a one-hour lunch break during the training. Attendees can either bring a lunch or visit local eateries to purchase lunch.
33 Boston Post Road West
Marlborough, MA 01752
*Please note, it is important to include the word "West" in the address when using GPS or Google Maps
- Tuesday, February 25, 2020
- 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- CE Classes