MA Libraries: Train the Trainer for 2020 Census at MLS Northampton
The 2020 U.S. Census is just a few months away, and we need to step up our outreach and organizing to ensure that every Massachusetts resident is counted. Federal funding to our community is based on Census data, as is our political representation, so we can't afford to miss people, as we did in 2010. We need your help!
There are many residents who have historically been undercounted all across Massachusetts, such as immigrants, people experiencing homelessness, low-income families, people in group housing, renters, young adults, and people with disabilities. That's why your leadership is so crucial.
In this workshop, library workers, community leaders, organizational staff and key volunteers will:
- Learn and share about tools and resources to develop actionable steps for stronger awareness and outreach campaigns for a successful 2020 Census;
- Be prepared to talk and connect with residents you serve;
- Receive information to help with setting up outreach programs; and
- Build connections between organizations to seed collaboration.
We look forward to sharing ideas and laying the groundwork for a strong mobilization in Massachusetts.
- Monday, February 24, 2020
- 10:00am - 12:00pm