Special Collections Symposium for Smaller Libraries
Local public memory collections provide important, unique, and sustainable opportunities to interpret a community’s contemporary experiences as they change over time. Yet there are many challenges in building, preserving, and sharing these collections, especially among smaller libraries. Renowned experts in the book trade, academic libraries, and library special collections will convene for a morning symposium of sharing and dialogue about these topics, tailored specifically for library workers, librarians, archivists, and collections volunteers with various levels of experience.
Opening Speaker – Ken Gloss, Proprietor of Brattle Book Shop
PANEL – Academic Special Collections perspectives
- Lisa Conathan, Ph.D. – Head of Special Collections, Williams Libraries
- Mike Kelly – Head, Archives & Special Collections, Amherst College
PANEL –Special Collections Management Case Studies
- Cyndi Harbeson – Head of Special Collections, The Jones Library, Inc.
- Sara Trotta – Librarian, Congregational Library & Archives
Hosted by Evan Knight, Preservation Specialist, MBLC
This symposium is hosted by the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners in collaboration with the Massachusetts Library System.
- Thursday, July 23, 2020
- 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)