Basic Library Techniques: Administration (PART 2: LIVE CLASS)
Welcome to the Basic Library Techniques (BLT) session in Administration. Due to current COVID-19 limitations, both Parts 1 and 2 of the BLTs will be completed virtually. There are two sessions: Part 1, a 3 to 4-week self-paced online training with work and reflection; and Part 2, one live online class. Part 1 must be completed before attending Part 2. Participants must complete both sessions to earn their certificate of completion.
NOTE: Do NOT register for Part 2 unless you have received confirmation for your Part 1 class registration.
- Navigate the organizations, structures, and resources in Massachusetts to gain familiarity with various library stakeholders.
- Allocate funds, evaluate results, and lead advocacy efforts in order to successfully administer your library’s fiscal health.
- Apply best practices to recruiting, hiring, training, and evaluation in order to ensure legal compliance and promote customer service at your library.
- Assess your building to observe design elements and safeguard the physical space and people of your library.
Please remember that all work from the online modules must be completed before attendance. All online assignments labeled to be discussed and reviewed in class will be reviewed.
Related LibGuide: Basic Library Techniques by Kristi Chadwick
- Friday, November 6, 2020
- 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Virtual CE Class