MLS Annual Meeting
Please join us for the MLS Annual Meeting, which will be held virtually on Monday, November 2 at 10:00 AM.
We're excited to announce that Dr. Derrick Gay, Diversity and Inclusion Strategist, Writer, and Lecturer, will deliver our keynote address!
Dr. Derrick Gay consults with organizations, both domestically and abroad, on issues of Diversity and Inclusion. Over the past 23 years, he has partnered with over 500 organizations across numerous sectors to deepen DEI capacity; enhance inclusion and engagement; attract, hire, and retain the best talent; and design strategy to maximize business and education goals. Dr. Gay is fluent in English, French, Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese and works around the world in these languages. His clients range from schools and foundations, orchestras and wealth management, to fashion and business universities, both domestically and abroad, and include Sesame Street, Columbia Business School, KIPP Public Schools, International Fashion Academy, Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestra, American Montessori Society, Grosvenor GCM, Tom Ford, and Enrollment Management Association. Dr. Gay lectures at Columbia Business School and International Fashion Academy in Paris. He also is a Forbes Contributor.
*Please note, due to our contract with Dr. Gay, the Keynote address will not be recorded.
ANNUAL MEETING AGENDA
- 10:00 Welcome & Introductions – Matthew Berube, President, MLS Executive Board and Sarah Sogigian, MLS Executive Director
- 10:15 Keynote: Re-framing Diversity for the 21st Century: Mirrors and Windows in Our Library Collections - Dr. Derrick Gay
- 11:15-11:30 Break
- 11:30 MLS Business Meeting
- MLS Strategic Plan Presentation - Stephanie Chase, Consultant
- MLS Business Meeting Presentation of the November 2019 Meeting Minutes - Matt Berube, President
- Presentation of the FY21 Plan of Service & Budget - Matthew Berube, President
- Nominating Update - Clare Dombrowski, Nominating Committee Chair
- Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners Update – James Lonergan, Director, MBLC
- Closing Remarks – Stephanie Friree Ford, Vice President
- Monday, November 2, 2020
- 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)