Basic Library Techniques: Reference (Part 2 - Live Zoom Class)
Welcome to Part 2 of Basic Library Techniques session in Reference. This one-day live Zoom class is required to earn the certificate of completion. Attendees must have completed Part 1 of BLT Reference before attending Part 2.
- Define reference work, describe service models, and identify professional standards in order to set expectations for reference services at your library.
- Evaluate reference sources according to established criteria in order to develop a reference collection suited to your community, match specific sources to patron needs, and use those sources effectively.
- Follow reference interview guidelines for communication, search techniques, and following up in order to fully understand and meet patrons’ informational and reading needs.
- Devise information and digital literacy instruction and marketing strategies in order to promote reference services in your community.
Please remember that all work from Part 1 must be completed before attendance. All online assignments labeled to be discussed and reviewed in class will be reviewed.
Part 2 will be held on Zoom. Registrants will receive their Zoom links right before the class.
Related LibGuide: Basic Library Techniques by Kristi Chadwick
- Monday, April 26, 2021
- 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Virtual CE Class