[Leadership Development Training Series] StrengthsFinder 101 Workshop In-Person
Gallup’s StrengthsFinder assessment tool helps create effective workplace teams that keep employees engaged and collaborative. It is often referred to as the number one tool to increase emotional intelligence at work.
Data-driven and engaging, StrengthsFinder has a “sticky-factor” that many other assessments do not have. The shared language of Strengths impacts work culture by focusing on what people are good at, rather than their weaknesses. StrengthsFinder is a solid foundation for building a high-collaboration, low-ego workplace.
By the end of this two-part StrengthsFinder 101 workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Identify the crucial difference between a Talent and a Strength.
- Understand how they can leverage their own Strengths for impactful situational leadership.
- Gain insight into colleagues’ motivations, natural talents, and role within their team.
- StrengthsFinder follow-up homework embeds Strengths language, increases appreciation of colleagues’ Strengths, and self-management of personal talents.
Important information to read prior to registering:
- This is a two-part workshop. Registrants are expected to commit to both sessions: June 17, 2021, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm and July 1, 2021, 1:00 – 3:00 pm
- Participants must complete the StrengthsFinder assessment by June 1. (Participants should not purchase their own copy of the assessment. MLS will provide the assessment to participants.)
- There will be a short assignment between sessions and participants will be expected to complete the assignment.
Will this Workshop be Recorded? No.
Intended Audience: This workshop is appropriate for library staff at any level or position.
About the Instructor: Karin Peabody owns Dynamic Teaming and has been a communications instructor for the past twenty-five years. She specializes in empowering teams to work together more effectively and navigate the dynamics of interpersonal relationships. Her approach encompasses skill-based learning and raising awareness of the social and emotional aspects of communication. She is also a Certified StrengthsFinder Communicator and enjoys helping people discover and maximize their potential in a team context.
- Thursday, June 17, 2021
- 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Virtual Workshop