[Leadership Development Training Series] Coaching Conversations for Managers
Finding our way through the many challenges and options of professional life takes self-awareness, goal orientation, improvisation, and support. Issues like burnout, change, and accountability are just of few of the challenges you may face daily as a manager. By helping others think through their challenges, you empower them, unburden yourself, and creative positive change together.
In this interactive virtual class, you will explore a process of coaching others that helps them clarify their aspirations, create plans, and act. We will meet for four three-hour sessions over four weeks. Over the course of this program, you will:
- Learn an inquiry-based, action-oriented coaching process that promotes thinking, flexible planning and dynamic action.
- Describe the mindset and strategies a coach uses to help others move forward despite obstacles.
- Improve skills for effective coaching: inquiry, listening, creating agreements, and giving and receiving feedback.
- Practice coaching others and being coached.
Between each session, participants will meet for 30 minutes in learning pairs to reflect on learning and practice coaching skills. Participants will be expected to complete assignments prior to each session and to come prepared to participate with microphone and video camera.
Important information to read prior to registering:
- This is a four-part program. Registrants must commit to attending all four sessions. The sessions will be held online via Zoom from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. on the following Fridays: August 6, 13, 20, and 27.
- To ensure that library staff across the Commonwealth have access to this training, we ask libraries to limit their registration to one staff member per institution.
Will this Program be Recorded? No.
Intended Audience: This program is open to current managers and supervisors. If you are not currently a manager or supervisor, we invite you to explore the many other offerings in the Leadership Development Training Series.
About the Instructor: Doug Nathan is the owner of Doug Nathan Consulting and has worked as a coach, conflict engagement consultant, and storyteller for over 20 years. He is fascinated by leadership and team-building opportunities in business, high-tech, health care, education, and government. He partners with leaders globally to make a difference through the work they do and the lives they lead. His whole-person approach supports leaders at all levels to face their challenges, gain insight, and achieve goals with confidence.
- Friday, August 6, 2021
- 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Virtual CE Class