Basic Library Techniques - Administration: Part 2 (LIVE Class) In-Person
Basic Library Techniques: Administration
Welcome to the Basic Library Techniques (BLT) session in Administration. The BLTs are a blended-learning course consisting of two parts: Part 1 – an asynchronous online course consisting of four modules (5-7 hours) , and Part 2 – a live, synchronous class (3 hours) with Consultant Kristi Chadwick.
Course modules include:
- Library Environment
- Financial Resources
- Navigate the organizations, structures, and resources in Massachusetts to gain familiarity with various library stakeholders.
- Allocate funds, evaluate results, and lead advocacy efforts in order to successfully administer your library’s fiscal health.
- Apply best practices to recruiting, hiring, training, and evaluation in order to ensure legal compliance and promote customer service at your library.
- Assess your building to observe design elements and safeguard the physical space and people of your library.
- You only need to attend ONE Part 2 session. When you register for Part 2, you will be automatically registered for Part 1.
- BLT Administration: Part 1 will open Monday, October 3, and you will receive login information before that date.
- All work from Part 1 must be completed before attending Part 2.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
This class will be held in person at the MLS Marlborough Office, 33 Boston Post Road West, Suite 400, Marlborough, MA 01752.
Related LibGuide: Basic Library Techniques by Kristi Chadwick
- Wednesday, November 2, 2022
- 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- In Person Workshop