Soft Skills Can Be Hard: Interpersonal Skills in Your Library Online
Management, teambuilding, customer service, and outreach all rely on interpersonal skills. Understanding how those skills fit into library services is essential. While many of these traits are already a part of you, they can also be coached and supported in a positive, proactive work environment. If you are currently in a position of leadership in your library, hope to advance in the future, or develop coaching skills for your team - this class is for you!
By the end of this 90-minute class, you will:
- Acknowledge common interpersonal skills that contribute to effective library workplace culture
- Recognize the importance of soft skills in library services and your own work environment
- Practice 1-2 mentorship techniques that you can use with colleagues and patrons
- Take away the beginning of a framework for an action plan for skill growth for yourself and others
This workshop will be held virtually. Registrants will receive an email with the link 24 hours before the workshop begins.
Instructor: Kristi Chadwick, MLS Consultant
- Wednesday, December 7, 2022
- 1:00pm - 2:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Virtual CE Class
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.