The Art of Employee Communication
PLEASE NOTE: This program is adapted from the original Spring 2020 CE class The Art of Employee Communication, which was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. There are two parts to the new program: a series of short pre-recorded webinars, and an optional live virtual discussion.
Think about a time when you gave or received feedback in the workplace. Did you feel it was a positive or negative experience? How did it impact you afterwards? Communication can be a significant challenge to navigate in a professional setting. Understanding individual needs will help you develop communication strategies for effective models of feedback and performance evaluation.
Topics will include: Maslow’s hierarchy of needs as it applies in a workplace setting, Multiple languages of employee appreciation, How to focus on behaviors and not personalities in staff interactions, Components of an inclusive employee performance program (tip: it’s not just annual reviews!), and A continuum of communication impact on positive organizational culture.
Staff from all levels who are interested in effective employee communication are welcome to attend.
- Analyze employee engagement through the lens of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs;
- Identify different forms and modes of employee communication and validation;
- Employ communication strategies that contribute to a positive organizational culture.
To participate in this program:
1. View the webinar recordings on our course guide:
- The Feedback Factor
- The Languages of Communication
- Performance Management
- Feedback Methods and Caveats
The guide also offers a toolkit with questions for discussion and reflection, references, and supplemental resources.
2. Register to attend one of our virtual discussions:
- This session: Tuesday, September 29, at 1pm
- Or Wednesday, September 23, at 10am
Please feel free to bring any experiences or questions you wish to discuss, and there will be time to converse in smaller peer groups.
Related LibGuide: The Art of Employee Communication by Kelly Woodside
- Tuesday, September 29, 2020
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Virtual CE Class